Welcome to Matka!
Organized annually in January at Messukeskus Helsinki in Finland, Matka Nordic Travel Fair is the largest travel industry event in Northern Europe. Almost 1000 exhibitors from 80 different countries ensure an impressive start for the travel year.
Every year, approximately 60,000 consumers and 20,000 travel industry professionals visit the event. The first two days of the event are reserved for travel trade professionals and media.
A platform for travel trade professionals
Matka provides a platform for travel trade professionals and b2b exhibitors to develop their professional expertise, grow business and network in a productive and efficient manner. In addition to independently scheduled meetings, our event offers the possibility to reach your target group with special areas such as Matka Workshop Day and Matka Business Forum.
The traditional Matka Trade Day including Matka Business Forum is organized on Thursday, Jan 19 in halls 6 and 7. However, Matka begins annually on the previous day (18 Jan in 2023) with Matka Workshop Day: a special event where you can meet potential business partners according to a pre-planned schedule in hall 5. Matka is open for the general public 20-22 Jan.
Please note that Matka Workshop Day requires a separate registration, otherwise registered trade visitors have free entry on all days and are encouraged to continue conducting business during the whole event.Explore the special areas
Matka Workshop Day: Wed 18 Jan 2023 9:00–17:30 *Requires separate registration. All participants are subject to conditions of participation. Register and read more.
Matka Trade Day: Thu 19 Jan 2023 9:00–18:00
Matka Business Forum: Thu 19 Jan 2023 9:00-18:00
General Public: 20-22 Jan 2023 10:00-18:00
Trade visitor registration
Have you participated before – you will receive an email invitation
We will first invite trade visitors from previous years to register for the event. If you have participated as a trade visitor before, you will receive an email containing your invitation code. Invitations will be sent once the registration is open. Note. You can change the language of the form from the top right corner of the page.
I dont have a code – what can I do?
If you have not participated in the event before, or if you have changed email/employer, please fill in the form behind the button below. A new invitation code will be delivered to eligible trade visitors once the registration is open.
Note. Matka 2023 trade visitor registration is meant primarily for professionals working in the tourism industry but also for people who have switched to other fields or are interested in jobs in the field.
You can participate in our special areas either as a trade visitor or as an exhibitor.
Matka Workshop Day
The largest travel trade event in Northern Europe: meet potential business partners according to pre-planned schedule. In Meet Finland Finnish service providers meet international tour operators and in Global Workshop you are able to make appointments with buyers from Finland, Nordic Countries, the Baltic countries as well as from other parts of the world.Read more
Matka Business Forum
Dedicated to companies providing business travel services for global travel management decision-makers. The event provides an excellent opportunity to meet decision makers face to face. Matka Business Forum is organised by the MatkaNordic Travel Fair in cooperation with the Finnish Business Travel Association, FBTA. 2019 area was visited by 3877 people.Read more
Want to reach professionals?
Every year, more than 60,000 consumers and 20,000 travel industry professionals visit the event. Contact us and together we will find the most effective way for you to participate!
Fam tours for Matka Nordic Travel Fair buyers
Exhibitors in Matka can organize fam tours to their destinations for validated buyers.
Tours can be organized under the following conditions:
- The main organizer must be a full-time exhibitor in Matka 2023 Nordic Travel Fair and participate also in Matka Workshop Day.
- Other travel service providers included in the tour programme, must be main or co-exhibitors in Matka 2023 Nordic Travel Fair and participate in Matka Workshop Day. If any of the travel service providers in the tour programme has a significant role, it also needs to be a full-time exhibitor in Matka, in addition to the main tour organizer.
- Other travel service providers included in the tour programme must be main or co-exhibitors in Matka 2023 Nordic Travel Fair and participate in Matka Workshop Day.
- Exhibitor in Matka Business Forum cannot be a main organizer of a tour programme.
- All tours organized before Matka Workshop Day begin from Helsinki or Helsinki Airport, and they end on Tuesday at the hotels where buyers are staying in Helsinki.
- Post tours can begin on Thursday evening after Matka Trade Day, at the earliest.
- ToolBox Consulting Ltd. is organizing Matka 2023 pre and post tours for validated buyers.
Are you interested in hosting a pre or post tour for validated Matka Nordic Travel Fair buyers? Please contact Kari Halonen at email@example.com